Tuesday, June 23, 2009

REALLY?

I was trying to decide what to title my blog, which in blog land is kind of a big deal, so I played around with several different titles. Here are just few.

He Loves Me-- not bad, because in the Christian world that fact is really celebrated. He really loves us...so much so he died for us!

Love Wins-- a favorite of my son's because he says when you think about it love always conquers evil, love wins over hate, and ultimately love forgives.

Whats Love Got to do with It? The Tina Turner song. I have realized in life, love has everything to do with it. You see love is big, bold, and beautiful. It is so big that we can't comprehend it, its bold because it can invade a cold heart that looks like a fortress from the outside and turn it into a peaceful park. It is beautiful to watch, from a child sitting on her grandfathers lap while he reads her a story,to a hospital bed where my Father lay dying of cancer reached out to take my hand and for the first time told me he was so proud of who I had become...yeah, that is big, bold, and beautiful.

Even though all of these titles are good I kept coming back to one. Really? I think I know why. You see, I know He loves me, or I thought I did, but I still find myself saying, "Really? God loves me, really?"

I realized I do not always live as if I am loved by the creator of the universe, because if I did I would whine less about long check out lines in the grocery store, and I would believe in myself more because I would know that I am so loved.
Then there is the love wins. Really? That word keeps popping up, challenging my faith. I would not struggle with fear if I really believed that love wins.
What does love have to do with it ? Really? I hope it has everything to do with my life and how I live it on this planet.

Really God's love is big. Really love wins over anything that is thrown at us. Really the love of God invaded my heart and changed me so that I will never be the same nor would I want to be...Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment